Updated December 2009
LAN Services, LLC and its affiliates, hereafter referred to as LAN Services, provide a range of electronic and other services. Internet Services provided by LAN Services, hereafter referred to as the Site, are provided under the following Terms of Service agreement.
LAN Services, LLC and its Affiliates offer a number of Internet-related services.It is contrary to our policy for any user of any of these services to take part in any of the following activities through a LAN Services provided service:
- To post a single article or advertisement to more than ten (10) Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, email mailing lists or other similar groups or lists;
- To post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, email mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list;
- To send unsolicited mass emailing to more than twenty-five (25) email users, causing such unsolicited emails to provoke complaints from any of the recipients;
- To engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through a LAN Services account or with a LAN Services account as a mail-drop for responses;
- To use the Lanservices.com domain name or the domain name of any LAN Services affiliates to advertise any LAN Services website or service via Unsolicited Commercial Bulk Email as defined above.
In addition, LAN Services reserves the right, where feasible, to implement technical mechanisms which block multiple postings as described above before they are forwarded.
This policy addresses only the kinds of network abuse specifically enumerated above. In addition to these activities, LAN Services' terms and conditions of service also prohibit other forms of abuse such as harassment and the posting of illegal or unlawful materials, and LAN Services will respond as appropriate to these other activities as well.
Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit LAN Services' actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities, and LAN Services reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from use of LAN Services’ services.
In addition, LAN Services reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
By use of the Site, you agree to use the Site in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions discussed below.
LAN Services is not responsible for the content of any homepage, and the views expressed are the responsibility of the User and not LAN Services. LAN Services does not review Web pages in any way before they appear on the Site. LAN Services reserves the right to remove any page from the Site at any time without notice.
LAN Services provides space for Web Pages & Sites but makes no implied or express warranties about the reliability of these pages. LAN Services is not responsible for any damage caused by loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of web pages; individual Users are responsible for monitoring and creating backups of their pages.The following is a non-exclusive list of actions and content that are not permitted on the Site:
- Any use of copyrighted material without the express permission of the author or owner.
- Pages that exploit the images of anyone under the age of 18
- Material that we deem to be grossly offensive, including clear expressions of bigotry, racism, or hatred.
- Messages, web pages, or communications of any kind that promote illegal activity.
- Materials that defames abuses or threatens others.
- Making available copyrighted software, which has been “cracked” - i.e., the copyright protection has been removed from the software.
- Making available serial numbers for software which can be used to illegally validate or register software;
- Making available tools which can be used for no purpose other than for “cracking” software.
User agrees to indemnify LAN Services and any third-party information providers against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from the User's use of the Site. This expressly includes: (i) User's responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights and (ii) any libelous or unlawful material contained within User's Web Page or other portion of the Site.
Termination of Service
LAN Services may terminate any and all information, communications, Postings, or Web Pages at any time, without notice, for conduct that violates this Agreement or other policies or guidelines set out by LAN Services elsewhere on the Site. LAN Services may terminate and delete any and all information, communications, Postings, or Web Pages for online conduct that LAN Services believes is harmful to other Users, the business of LAN Services, or other third-party information providers.Fees for unsolicited commercial e-mailLAN Services will apply the following charges to unsolicited commercial e-mail that passes through the Site.
- For each Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail sent via the Site: $100 per copy
- Cleanup charge for service termination related to Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail: $1000 per incident
- Administrative charge for redirection of “remove me” or other “abuse” messages related to forged headers in Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail: $100 per message
- We will also charge for any legal fees or other costs we incur while dealing with the incident.
This Agreement shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising hereunder will be governed by the laws of the State of California. The User agrees to personal jurisdiction by the State and Federal courts of the State of California.
If you have any questions regarding the information on this page please contact email@example.com You may also wish to view our hosting agreement.